Many of the biggest photo players have scooped awards for their most recent products and innovations at this year's Expert Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) Awards.
Each year, 55 journalists and editors from a raft of magazines and websites across the world come together and vote on the photo and audio products that deserve special commendation – and there's been no shortage of photography products to consider this year, given the wealth of new camera systems launched in the past 12 months, with an abundance of optics alongside them.
- Here are the best mirrorless cameras right now
- Sensor sizes explained: what you need to know
- Camera rumors 2019: the biggest and best rumors around
Scooping the EISA Camera of the Year award is the Nikon Z6, which still takes pole position in our Best Camera buying guide. Joining it on the podium was the Panasonic S1R, which took the prize for EISA Advanced Full-Frame Camera, while Fujifilm celebrated a double camera victory, with its X-T3 being named EISA Advanced Camera 2019-2010, and the GFX 100 grabbing the Camera Innovation award.
Canon wasn't overlooked either, with the Canon EOS RP grabbing the EISA Best Buy Full Frame Camera trophy, while the Sony A6400 secured the EISA Photo/Video Camera prize. Sony also won an award for its Real Time Eye AF feature, which has appeared on recent models like the Alpha A9 and Cyber-shot RX100 VII.
Lenses have also been recognized, with Canon's latest RF-series of glass doing particularly well. The RF 50mm f/1.2L USM was named EISA Standard Prime Lens, while the RF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM grabbed the EISA Standard Zoom Lens award and the RF 28-70mm f/2L USM was named EISA Lens Innovation. Canon's EF line also got some love, with the EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM awarded the prize for EISA Super-Telephoto Prime Lens 2019-2020.
Sony's optics also impressed the judges, with its FE 135mm f/1.8 GM, FE 400mm f/2.8 GM OSS and FE 24mm f/1.4 GM all winning in their respective categories, while Nikon grabbed the EISA Professional Standard Zoom Lens gong for its NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S.
Third-party manufacturers Tamron and Sigma grabbed two awards each, Tamron for its 35-150mm f/2.8-4 Di VC OSD and 17-28mm f/2.8 Di III RXD and Sigma for its 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports and 70-200mm f/2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports.
A full list of the awards is below.
EISA Awards 2019-2020 winners (Photography Expert Group)
- EISA ADVANCED CAMERA 2019-2020 – Fujifilm X-T3
- EISA ADVANCED FULL-FRAME CAMERA 2019-2020 – Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R
- EISA BEST BUY FULL-FRAME CAMERA 2019-2020 – Canon EOS RP
- EISA CAMERA INNOVATION 2019-2020 – Fujifilm GFX100
- EISA CAMERA OF THE YEAR 2019-2020 – Nikon Z6
- EISA COMPACT CAMERA 2019-2020 – Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI
Lenses and others
- EISA PORTRAIT PRIME LENS 2019-2020 – Sony FE 135mm F1.8 GM
- EISA STANDARD PRIME LENS 2019-2020 – Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM
- EISA STANDARD ZOOM LENS 2019-2020 – Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM
- EISA SUPER-TELEPHOTO PRIME LENS 2019-2020 – Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS III USM
- EISA TELEPHOTO PRIME LENS 2019-2020 – Sony FE 400mm F2.8 GM OSS
- EISA WIDEANGLE PRIME LENS 2019-2020 – Sony FE 24mm F1.4 GM
- EISA WIDEANGLE ZOOM LENS 2019-2020 – Tamron 17-28mm F2.8 Di III RXD
- EISA BEST BUY ZOOM LENS 2019-2020 – Tamron 35-150mm F2.8-4 Di VC OSD
- EISA LENS INNOVATION 2019-2020 – Canon RF 28-70mm F2L USM
- EISA PROFESSIONAL STANDARD ZOOM LENS 2019-2020 – Nikon NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S
- EISA PROFESSIONAL TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS 2019-2020 – Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 DG OS HSM | Sports
- EISA TELEPHOTO ZOOM LENS 2019-2020 – Sigma 60-600mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM | Sports
- EISA PHOTO INNOVATION 2019-2020 – Sony Real-time Eye AF
- EISA PHOTO SOFTWARE 2019-2020 – Skylum Luminar
No comments yet.