Sainsbury’s online is showing a greater amount of food delivery and click & collect slots than it has over the last few months, but the situation changes day-by-day. The supermarket is finally allowing new customers to register online again – for the first time since lockdown began. However, unless you’re an elderly or vulnerable customer, you will only be able to order groceries via click & collect. Customers who are already registered are still eligible for home delivery.
Sainsbury’s opening hours
Sainsbury’s has extended its opening hours, with the majority of its stores now open from 8am to 8pm. There is a dedicated shopping hour for elderly and vulnerable customers between 8am and 9am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. NHS and social care workers can also take advantage of priority opening times, with stores opening at 7:30am to 8am Monday to Saturday.
To find out the times of your local supermarket, head to Sainsbury’s store locator.
How to get a Sainsbury’s delivery slot
Sainsbury’s has generally shown good availability for its home delivery slots for existing customers. Though it changes week by week, there’s usually a good selection of dates on offer, with Sainsbury's delivery charges costing as little as 50p, depending on the time you choose.
We advise booking a delivery slot before you start shopping at Sainsbury's online. Also, keep in mind that Sainsbury's delivery slots are limited to one per customer within a seven-day period.
As with other supermarkets, Sainsbury’s will deliver your groceries via contactless delivery, so you won’t need to worry about coming into contact with your driver. Plastic bags will also be provided.
How does Sainsbury’s click and collect work?
If you’d like to use Sainsbury’s click and collect service, simply go to Sainsbury’s online and select the option before you checkout. Availability will vary depending on your area, but we’ve seen a decent number of free slots appearing.
More food delivery services: quick links
- Amazon Fresh – grocery delivery to select cities
- Amazon Pantry – order everyday food essentials with Prime delivery
- Asda – mostly click & collect slots available
- Co-op – some new delivery slots during the day, restricted to 20 item limit
- Iceland – some new delivery slots throughout the day
- Morrisons – limited delivery slots available
- Ocado – contacting customers directly via email
- Sainsbury's – some delivery slots available
- Tesco – some new delivery slots throughout the day
- Waitrose – some new delivery slots throughout the day
Recipe box and meal delivery
- Allplants – plant-based meal delivery, cooked by chefs
- Feast Box – order your first world food recipe box
- Mindful Chef – healthy recipe boxes with fresh ingredients for you to cook
- SimplyCook – Get a £3 trial recipe box to cook at home
- Domino's – 40% off pizza when you spend £40 or more
- Pizza Hut – get two medium pizzas and a classic side for £20
- Papa John's – £15 off your order when you spend £30 or more
- Deliveroo – takeaway delivery from top restaurants
- Just Eat – takeaway delivery from local restaurants
- Uber Eats – takeaway delivery from your favourite restaurants
- Beer Hawk – free delivery on beer orders over £50
- The Bottle Club – free delivery when you spend £100
- The Drink Shop – 20% off selected wine, beer and spirits
- Vinatis – up to 50% off select wines